Why should my business join GCSA?
- NYC zoning changes will leave suppliers with no place to manufacture in the Garment Center.
- GCSA is providing a voice for suppliers to let NYC know how important we are to the economy.
- Members may be eligible to manufacture in the Garment Center at favorable rents.
Is my company eligible to join GCSA?
- Are you located in New York City’s Garment Center?
- Are you directly involved in manufacturing apparel or accessories for fashion designers?
- Are you a cutting or sewing contractor, pattern service, or trim resource servicing fashion designers?
- If so, you are eligible for a free membership to GCSA. Join Now >
What are we telling NYC about our members?
- Garment Center manufacturing businesses employ over 7,000 New Yorkers.
- Members make the samples and specialized garments that fashion designers send down the runway.
- Members enable designers to start their businesses, creating a magnet for fashion designers worldwide.
- Without GCSA members, New York City’s image as a fashion capitol would decline.
Why should NYC care about GCSA members?
- GCSA members are the engine for fashion designers to create new product and produce fashion shows.
- Retailers can go to other cities such as Las Vegas, Paris, and Milan during market weeks.
- The enormous range and quality of designs in New York makes NYC a must-go destination for retail buyers.
- Buyers spend millions of dollars on taxis, hotels, dining and entertainment. NYC depends on this revenue.
- GCSA members need to manufacture in NYC so fashion designers can continue to draw the buyers.